Monday, February 4, 2008

The Organizational Junkie Strikes Again

I was keeping my scarves, hats and gloves in a little basket on the shelf in my coat closet. That got to be a major pain in my ass. To the point to where I finally just threw the basket on the living room floor, by the couch, and would sort through it there. It just wasn't worth the effort to put it back up on the shelf every time I took it down to sort through it.

And then it hit me.
A shoe organizer!


And I've organized my stuff according to frequency of use. The top slot is my walking hat and gloves, because I dig for those the most. Next couple of slots are scarves that I wear occasionally, but my everyday scarf is hanging up on the door of the closet on a plastic, adhesive back hook. I don't want to even have to dig first thing in the morning as I'm running out the door. The rest of the slots have maybe three hats in one because I don't wear them that often, so we can lump them together. Same for my foo foo gloves. And my summer hat gets it's own slot.

Actually, I was thinking a clear, back of the door shoe organizer because my cousin, Tricia, has one of those on her bathroom door and it holds her shampoo, sunblock, lotions, etc. But I didn't the the little pouches would be big enough to hold scarves. And I was right. I'm glad I went with this kind of shoe organizer.

You're impressed.
I can tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU-ARE-A-TRIP!! But yes, I'm impressed. And envious. I never seem to have/make the time to organize my stuff!