Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And So It Begins.....

The nurses put out an email this morning about a Valentine's Day potluck. "Make something red, pink or white!" Wheee! Feel the love!

I replied with "I'm wearing black. Maybe even a veil. I will not be eating."

I am dreading this day. It shouldn't be a big deal. It's a greeting card holiday. It's a reason to wear red and put hearts everywhere. But people know it's cheesy so they go allllll out with the cheese. And then it's just nauseating. Especially when you have no one to cheese it up with.

Oh, but I do have a date Thursday night. Jessica, one of the people I lived with last summer, asked if I would be her valentine. Her man is out of town so we're going to go to dinner and then have a sleepover. Maybe rent some chick flicks, drink some wine, bitch about boys. So I won't be alone. And I thanked Jessica profusely for that.

No comments: