Friday, January 25, 2008

Heels and Puffy Coats

You guys are funny. My stories of my boot addiction get the most comments.
Here's a picture for Carrie, because she's new:

See, I got heels. I got LOTSA heels. Bulky heels, stiletto heels, go-go heels. I got 'em all.

But a girl needs an everyday boot. One she can throw on with a simple black skirt and t-shirt and spend the day walking around a market. Without hobbling at any point.

And speaking of new boots, Jamie and I got a wild hair after all this boot talk on our walk last night and headed to Northgate. That's why I love Jamie. At 7pm on a Thursday night, she says, "We may have to go shopping." I said, "Now?" She said, "Why not?" Fantastic!

The $29 Baker boots were a bust. Comfy, but they sagged around my ankles. Even the sales girl said she wouldn't wear them. Jamie says it's just because my legs are too thin. Another reason why I love her.

So I came home empty handed.

*sniff*

But that's probably best, because Rachelle, Val and I are headed to the outlet mall tomorrow. Eddie Bauer has their puffy coats on sale (does anyone else immediately think of George's Gortex coat?) and I've been on a puffy coat kick lately. You know about my kicks. Once I get something in my head, it's stuck there. The only coats I have are my more formal wool coats (and my full length orange leather coat that I haven't worn in two years). I want a casual coat that's a bit more hip than a wool peacoat. And these puppies are warm. Full of down.

And then at some point, I need to buy a dresser. Mine broke. The front of my sock drawer came off. I'm sure there's a way to fix it, but I don't know how and this thing is ugly and it simply does not fit in the vision I have for my boudoir. I'm a single gal - I need to create a love nest. A powder blue laminate dresser that came with my very first Seattle apartment does not say "love nest". It says "I've had the same dresser since I was six years old and I've never had a boy in my bedroom."

So, you can see why I need a new dresser.

1 comment:

Casey Broughton said...

Ohhhh, I see! OK, you can buy heel-less this time. :D

Love the boots pic!

I was in Seattle today for 2.5 hours (was in Dallas for a girls weekend - connected through Seattle back to Kelowna). Some day I have to actually spend time in Seattle, other than in the airport.