Friday, January 4, 2008

Falling Off The Wagon

I had a drink last night. Not a measly little glass of wine, but a Flirtini. Razberi vodka, cointreau and champagne. Holy crap. I haven't had hard alcohol since the Pogues show in October.

And, in case you're wondering - no, it wasn't worth it.

I got home from dinner and was just sad. I was clingy and cold and craving a hug and my apartment was dark and empty. This isn't anything new, but it really hasn't bothered me before. Oh, but then one cocktail and suddenly I'm just a puddle of blue. Yes, I believe that is the very definition of cause and effect. My work day sucked too, which I'm sure contributed to the mood (and the permission I gave myself for the cocktail).

So, lesson learned. No more cocktails. Well, unless hugs are nearby. Then just one cocktail. One. I mean it.

No comments: