Thursday, December 13, 2007

Notes From A Cleaning Bender

Once my vacuum is plugged into the living room outlet, I can vacuum my entire apartment. Without moving the plug. I love that.

Have I told you about my vacuum cleaner? Maybe in the other blog, but not in this one.

Anyway, I have a Riccar 1500P (this is the newer version). I L O V E my vacuum cleaner. LOVE IT. The carpet head swivels, it has cute little attachments in the body of the vacuum, it comes with a hardwood floors head and you can quickly release the main hose/handle from the carpet head so you can suck along the edges of the carpet. FANTASTIC.

I paid an absolute ton of money for this thing. This is when I had my cleaning business and could justify spending half a grand on a vacuum cleaner. Canisters are a bit cumbersome to lug around, but for hardwood floors, which the bulk of my clients had, they are the shit. Period.

I don't have hardwoods; I have berber carpet. Not as gratifying to vacuum because you don't get the little paths like you do in plush carpet, but brand new berber carpet fuzzes alot, so there's still a bit of gratification to see all those little fuzzies get sucked up. And with the christmas tree dropping needles, I vacuum just about every night. Excessive, you say? Ha. You obviously don't know me very well.

(If I could have taken a class in college where I had to write 2000 word essays about vacuuming, I would have soared through school. But alas....no.)

I also Pledge Oiled my coffee table. For a $7 Goodwill coffee table, that baby shines up real nice. It's amazing what oil can do for wood furniture. I don't own alot of wood furniture, but the few pieces I do have just love it when I oil 'em all up (wait......nevermind). The scratches disappear and the stuff just shines. BEAUTIFUL!


And finally, how well do you know me, dear reader?
What is this rag, hanging on the oh so glamorous handicap bar, for?

There may be prizes....





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To wipe the droplets off the walls of the shower? My guess.

Anonymous said...

No, not the shower wall, the sink after she brushes her teeth and washes her face! (I think.)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I love your coffee table. It looks so much better and newer than when you first got it. You do good work!

Anonymous said...

My guess is to wipe down the tile after EVERY shower - which I would never do. But your mom's answer is a good one too. And I don't think there's ever been a time in my life where I vacuumed almost every night. But I'm with ya on the Pledge Oil - I love using that stuff on my wood - it's very gratifying!

Raechelle said...

No one knows me like my mama.
Yes, the rag is for wiping the sink after I brush my teeth and make a mess. I couldn't imagine wiping the whole shower down each day. I'm neurotic, but holy geez! Good guess though.

Congrats Ma! Your prize is you get to see me next week! Yay!!