Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cookie Fiasco 2007

Not to be confused with Cookie Fiasco 2006.

I bought pre-made Pillsbury sugar cookie dough this year. No more screwin' around with the homemade stuff. I followed the instructions to make the shapes. Flour the counter, roll it out on the counter. Cut shapes.

But the crap won't roll out on the counter. It sticks to the rolling pin. It sticks to the counter. I added more flour, it still stuck to everything, but now there's white stuff to contend with. What the hell?

So I said (aloud, because I'm now one of those people who talks to themselves all the time), "I will not fight with the cookies this year. It's not worth it. The sugar cookies will not beat me."

I opted to just pinch off a glob of cookie, roll it in my hand to form a pretty ball, and then throw it on the cookie sheet. Once the cookies are cooled, I may think about throwing some colored sprinkles on there. Maybe. If I feel like it.

I will not let the cookies affect me. They are just cookies.

I will just have to send my child over to their little friend's house so their mom can do the whole sugar cookie decorating thing with them. I'll make the candy cane christmas tree ornaments. That will be My Thing.

No comments: