Monday, November 12, 2007

Trouble in Raechelle-land

Sorry I've been so out of touch. There are things going on that I'm not at liberty to blog about and when something that I *can* blog about happens, I just don't have the energy or the creativity to write about it. But the emails are starting to come in asking if I'm still alive, so I'll try to humor you.

Let's see......
I got sent home from work last week for blowing a fuse and literally ceasing to function. Personal stress, then apparently work stress, piled high and eventually just made me snap alittle. Most of the time I don't think my job is very stressful, but when I start crying at the sound of that freakin' email chime or the ringing of my phone, I need to admit that maybe I am a little stressed. I had a last minute, impromptu therapy session Friday (which I completely screwed up, in four different places because I wrote it down for 9am instead of 10am) and we came to the conclusion that I'm not handling life very well. Really? So we'll work on that.

The positive side is that I've had one glass of wine in over a week, so at least I'm not drinking myself into oblivion every night. Sure, I'm going through pints and pints of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Frozen Yogurt, but you gotta pick your battles. And I can walk those calories off.......when I get the energy to leave my apartment.

Actually, I left my apartment Saturday night. Bob Schneider played at the Tractor Tavern so I wandered down there by myself (that's where I had the one glass of wine). He played a great show, as always, and I ended up meeting a couple that's originally from Dallas. So we talked about cherry limades and kolaches and cajun food. I forgot to ask if she got any mums for Homecoming.

I was home by 11pm and in bed by midnight. And Sunday was spent, guess where!?, on the couch, watching football, and ripping pertinent pages out old magazines. I figured I could at least be semi-productive while still being a blob on the couch.

In bed early, although I didn't fall asleep until after midnight because the wind here was horrible. If I had masking tape, I would have taped the windows.

I think you're all caught up.
At least I get a four day weekend next week. If I can make it that long.......

No comments: