Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Optimisim, Dammit!

There are a few good things to write about today.

First, my sister is coming to visit!

I think I worried her when she emailed out of the blue to ask how I was and I replied with "I fantasize about driving into semi-trucks frequently. How are you?" She called an hour later and told me she'd be here Thursday. I'm taking Friday off. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Second, my mommy sent me presents!

I have refrained from buying chocolate covered cherries for a month now. I keep telling myself "They're a christmas thing. I can wait until December!"

Well, no I can't. Mere seconds later:

Funny too - at the top of the photo is the article I ripped out of Real Simple - "Stress Free!" Obviously, I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. The cherries got in my way.....

And since the season of darkness is upon us, I put up pretty lights in my window.

Extra light is never a bad thing.

And in the mirror you can see me in my pretty brown flannel shirt that has become my new best friend.

Here's hoping there are more positive things to write about tomorrow, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I miss you and love ya!!!

- Cousin Kristin :)

Anonymous said...

A sister visit and presents from Mom! Just what the doctor ordered. Glad you're having a good day. Hang in there. Did you know that mom loved chocolate covered cherries too?? She always got them at Christmas time.