Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Grocery Shopping

I finally went grocery shopping last night. First time since I moved in.

I had stopped by the store occasionally and spent $20 here and $30 there, but I still hadn't done a Big Shopping Trip. I had no sugar, no soy patties, no pasta, no veggie broth, no staples. But ooh boy am I stocked up now. I won't have to buy food again for a month or more. Now, if I want to actually cook dinner for someone, I'll have to go get fresh veggies. I didn't buy any because I didn't want them to go to waste, and they would have because I'm not really eating anything in the evenings.

Except last night.

I was so excited to have my pick for dinner, that I asserted my independence and had tortilla chips with chilie con caso. That's it. And it was yummy.

I'm having dinner with Shaun tonight so there will be an actual meal. That will get me back on the right track.

No comments: