Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Great Pumpkin

I'm watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" because that's how you kick off the autumn/winter season. With Peanuts.

And ya know, I don't think I would let my kid watch Charlie Brown. That Lucy is one mean bitch. Constantly cutting Linus down for wanting to sit in the pumpkin patch instead of trick-r-treating. How dare she! If he wants to sit outside all night, let him. But she just berates him through the whole show. And Charlie Brown is so happy that he got invited to the Halloween party until she tells him that it was a mistake.

"There are two lists. One for people who were invited to the party and one for people who weren't. You got put on the wrong list Charlie Brown!"

Is that the kind of message I really want my little one to pick up?

And even though I L O V E Looney Tunes, it's a very violent cartoon. After not watching it for years, I got the whole dvd set for my birthday and I was shocked. I think I'd let my kid watch those though. They're obviously cartoons. Now Charlie Brown? Yes, it's a cartoon, but they're kids, so they're more relate-able.

I have too much time on my hands, don't I?

No comments: