Tuesday, July 17, 2007

General Life Update

So, let's see.
Life is okay. Getting better. Still......weird.

I hear that some of you are a bit concerned about me. Well lemme tell you - nothing says emotional support like gift cards! Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Pier One.......all good. I've got an apartment to furnish soon!

Speaking of apartments, I filled out the application and put down the admin/holding fee on the apartment with the pool, right across from the Locks. The women in the office said I should hear back today, but I didn't. I'm sure it's fine. But it would be nice to know one way or the other. I'll have to call tomorrow.

And then Thursday morning, I leave for Chicago.
Julie, my friend in New York, decided after such a monumental life change, we finally needed to have a girls' weekend. She'll be in Chicago for business, so she extended her trip until Sunday. We'll be staying at the InterContinental, which I know nothing about except it's very expensive. I love it.

And then next week, back to reality. Probably cleaning for Lisa. Maybe stay at the apartment a few nights and try to pack. Hopefully I'll have a place by next week and will know a move in date. Then comes bribing the friends to help move. Always fun. I hate this crap.

Oh, and my office finally got moved. Except most of my stuff is still in boxes because the bookshelves from Ikea haven't arrived yet. Once they do, it should be easier to get settled. I'm having a hard time really getting anything done. I'm so scattered and overloaded. Something's gotta give.

But again. It will get better. I know that. At least I've got friends who are taking me out and treating me to food and drink. Pity? Probably. I don't care. I'll take it.

No comments: