Monday, February 4, 2013

Random Monday Thoughts

Traffic was exceptionally light this morning (at 8am - I love my new job), and then I remembered it was the morning after the Super Bowl.  I'm sure a lot of people took today off, or went in late, due the excessive drinking and partying last night.

Ah, I remember those days.  I drank a Sprite and cranberry juice cocktail yesterday.
Woohoo.

We had a couple of people over for the game.  But it was far from the event we usually throw or go to.  And I'm okay with that.

**********

I have my first appointment with a naturopath this afternoon.  That's something.  At this point, I'm even willing to acupuncture for my angry immune system, if it means getting off these pills.  My face is swollen, my feet are swollen, I can't remember simple words and I'm tired to clean my own house.  This will never do.

**********

We didn't get any snow this year.  I don't think.  Maybe a dusting one day, but no accumulation and no snow days from work.  We're all very disappointed.  In the past we've gotten snow in March and April, so it's not completely hopeless this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

**********

Let's see...what else is going on?

**********

Oh, I watched my first Joan Crawford movie Saturday night - Mildred Pierce.  And it was good.  Todd laughed when I said that - "It was an award winner!"  Oh, I know, but the old movies just don't grab me like they grab him. 

We stopped to watch it because it was the movie Joan won Best Actress for, and that was the scene where she and the kids are listening to the awards on the radio in Mommie Dearest.  So I wanted to see what all the hype was about. 

Again, it was good.  Murder mystery with nice little twist at the end.  I feel more cultured now.

**********

And we watched Safety Not Guaranteed on Friday night, because it was shot locally and we know some of the actors and crew.  I was pleasantly surprise - it's a really good movie.  Very sweet.  You should watch it.

Okay, I think that's all I've got for now.  But lookie!  Two posts in a week!  Go me!


No comments: