Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Breaking News: I'm a Curmudgeon

This may not be news to some of you.

All four of us, the whole fam damily, went to see Flogging Molly last night at the Paramount.  Don't know Flogging Molly? 

Here:



Hard core Irish band.  Loud.  And fast.

My first inkling of curmudgeon came as we walked up to the theater and saw the line stretching down the block, around the corner, and out of sight.  But we HAD tickets!  We shouldn't have to stand in that freakin' line!

Oh, in the snow.  For f*%$# sake!

So we sat in a coffee shop, watched the line dissipate and then went in.

Once seating, not so bad.  Our friend Brian just happen to be there, so we sat by him, but then tried rearranging seats with our two teenagers.  One who didn't want to sit by anyone they didn't know and one who had a grand plan of moving everyone around.

For f*%$# sake!  Just skootch!

The opening duo was good - Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss.  Odd, but good.

The second band, Suedehead, was damn near booed off the stage.  Despite the fact that they were from Southern California, the front man was an Englishman.  And they were opening for an Irish band.

Have you seen Braveheart?  One line in the movie from Stephen of Ireland to William Wallace, a Scotsman,  "If I fight with you, do I get to kill the English?"  (The answer is yes)

Irish and English don't mix.

So when Suedhead came home and that bloke opened his mouth, a big, burly Irishman behind us shouted "You suck!  Go back to England!"  There were some other curses from him throughout their set and we were pretty sure there was going to a riot, but they finally finished up and out came Flogging Molly and it was rockin'.

But I told Todd a couple of times that I didn't need to go to a concert again.  I would have much rather been on my couch with a glass of wine and The Walking Dead.  Much easier.  Less annoying people, quieter, I can wear my jammies.

It's a sign, isn't it?  I'm old.

**********

On a different note, I walked down to my stylist, Jamie, yesterday to have her trim my bags.  As soon as I sat down, she said "So...are you going "natural?"

Meaning, you've got too much gray.  When are you going to color your hair again?

So I'll be coloring my hair soon.  Red.  Of course.

No comments: