Friday, September 9, 2011

Random Thoughts

Ah, happy Friday. Fridays in my office are very quiet. These guys work long days all week, so when Friday rolls around, the office is empty by about 1pm. Especially when it’s sunny and 80 degrees out.

*********

We've watched a crap load of movies in the past few weeks, but I’ve been slacking and not listing them on my movie tab. I’m working on updating that. Maybe today, perhaps….

[Update:  apparently not.]

**********

Work is going really well. I told Super Boss yesterday he should take me to lunch for my one month anniversary. He was baffled that it had already been a month. Then he said, “Okay, sounds good. Put it on my calendar.” I said, “Already done! You’re taking me to Tulio.”

I think this is going to be a beautiful working relationship.

**********

Kayleigh started high school on Wednesday. I have a daughter in high school. I think I’m more excited than she is. She gets a locker! And Homecoming is in October! Wheeee!

**********

I’ve had a latte this morning, but I want another cup of coffee. There’s free coffee here.

A blessing or a curse?

**********

Speaking of a blessing or a curse, I arrive at work at 7:15am. I make the coffee as soon as I come in, then I go to my desk and log into my computer, by that time the coffee is done. I go get my first cup, then sit down and read the news. All before 7:30am.

Sounds impressive for me, huh? Yep. That just means that come 8pm, I am falling asleep on the couch.

**********

Also, I’m finding that I’m not as hungry during the day. I don’t need to snack through my morning. Todd says it’s because I’m not as depressed now. I’ll buy that.

Well, now that I’ve written about food, I’m hungry. Shit.

Off to lunch.

No comments: