Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reason #4 Why I Love Todd


He makes the coffee every morning while I'm in the shower, and on most mornings, my breakfast. 

As we're waking up, he'll ask, "Coffee?" (if I wake up on the right side of the bed, I answer "Yes, please".  Wrong side of the bed?  "Well, duh!")
 

Then he'll ask if I want a egg sandwich or a breakfast burrito or something like that, and I get excited and really wake up.  And when I turn off my hairdryer, I'll hear him start the microwave or put the skillet in the sink.

Because he knows that when I'm finished blow drying my hair, it means I have about 10 minutes before I leave. 

So when I go in the kitchen to get my coffee, I'll find a Ziploc bag or a Tupperware dish waiting for me on the counter.  I don't bother to ask what it is; he knows what I like and don't like.

And it doesn't matter what it is.  All that matters is that my husband wants to make sure I actually eat breakfast so he makes me something and packs it up while I'm getting ready for work. 

How wonderful is that?

2 comments:

Lucy Leadskin said...

HAPPINESS.

Kristin Bowling said...

They don't make many like that these days! Lucky girl.