Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well, Bless Your Heart For Trying

Here it is, July 31.
Middle o'summer.

Our company picnic is today, and it's Hawaiian themed, so we have been given permission to wear blue jeans (oh THANK YOU THANK YOU!) and a Hawaiian shirt, if we so desire (nothankyou). Rumor has it, there will be ping pong and mini golf this year, in addition to the standard tradition of a cover band. People are in holiday mode and one of our techs is passing out leis and hairclips with flowers.

My lei is peach and yellow, but it clashes with my thick, black sweater that I'm wearing because it's only 55 degrees outside and only about 65 degrees in my office.

I really do love Seattle. Really.

But come one. Just one month of summer. Please? One consistent month? That's all I need.

Maybe the clouds will part by noon and it will appear summery when I head down to get a hamburger. And the Blue Angels are in town for Seafair, so we may catch a glimpse of them practicing. That's summery.

Sigh.

Please send warm and sunny thoughts.

3 comments:

H~ said...

It's my fault cus I didn't come visit this summer. Sorry.

Hanineal said...

I tell you what. I'll take some of your 65/55 degree days and you can take some of my 99/ 112 degree heat index days and we'll call it even.

Anonymous said...

Ummm.....55 degrees in July?? Nope, I couldn't do it. I can hang with my mid-90's and high humidity. I'm sending you some warm, sunny thoughts.
Dee