Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Mad

It's amazing what disrupted sleep does for my mood. I woke up a few times last night, even got up to pee, which is very unusual, so I never got that few hours of deep sleep.

And today, I'm just mad. Scowling, furrowed, don't-even-come-in-here-and-chat-with-me mad. I don't care how much money you're willing to put in the bucket.

And, oh, don't EVEN THINK of popping in here to ask me where my boss it. I will throw my stapler at you, I mean it.

I even pitched a tiny tantrum in front of the big boss lady. The first one in the three years I've been here. She asked me to change a catering order for next because "someone" (don't know who) thinks pastries are just too unhealthy, so we need fruit and yogurt.

Oh, for cryin' out loud.

This, after I spent 30 minutes on a conference call with two other assistants trying to get a reoccurring meeting that involves doctors (shoot me) scheduled through the end of the year. I was already irritated and then to be told to do something like change the food because it's just too unhealthy....well. My pen accidentally flew out of my hand and my pad of paper accidentally slid across my desk.

The big boss lady said, "Now you know what I deal with."

Sigh.

Maybe I should take a nap at lunch.
Or just drink lunch......

No comments: