Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Very Last First

Welcome Back

By Eliza Gilkyson

It was the summer of my discontent
It was the fall of a lifetime
It was the winter of my penitence
Waitin' on the springtime

It was all sackcloth and ashes
Four a couple of years
I took my licks and my hundred lashes
I cried a bucket of tears

Well, that distant shore is forever out of reach
Before you know it you're washed up on the beach
And it's welcome back
It was a pretty dark day
But now the sun is shining
Welcome back
I guess I'm on my way

I was bent but I was not broken
I was sinking but I did not drown
I was reeling but I was still hoping
I could be lost and found

I was temporarily disconnected
In a state of disrepair
Disoriented and dejected
I had to climb out of there

Through the labyrinth and down
Til you land on solid ground

Welcome back......

2 comments:

TD said...

Congrats, baby. For what it's worth, I'm extremely proud of you and how far you've come.

Casey Broughton said...

Welcome back. :o)