Thursday, May 1, 2008

Esther Has A Drum

Oh, my neighbor just keeps getting better and better.

I stayed home today. The dizziness that hit last night is over and the headache itself is almost completely gone. I guess 16 hours of sleep is just what the doctor ordered. Well, maybe 14 hours of sleep. Because there was no sleeping this morning.

At about 9:45am I heard Esther's stereo come on. Fine, I thought. Actually, the first thought was "Does she not work? How does she afford rent?" Then she started singing. Still okay. Muted. I can handle it.

Then she started banging on a drum. A djeme from what I can tell. She's pretty strong for a little thing.

Half an hour later I heard one of the other doors slam in the building, someone on the stairs and then magically, the drumming stopped.

And I actually got some sleep.

It's been pretty quiet the rest of the day. So I got some solid hours in. Probably more solid than what I get at night.

But now, time to find food. I have awakened from hibernation and I'm famished. I must be on the mend.

No comments: