Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Checker At Safeway Thinks I'm A Whore

Oh, she didn't say it, but I could see it on her face.
I guess it doesn't bode well for me, does it?


In my defense, the strawberries and whip cream are for brunch tomorrow with Jamie and her friends and I needed new batteries for my little iPod speakers I use in the bathroom (yes, it's crucial to my survival). And I'm starting to get a cold so when I saw these tissues, I thought "How perfect for the boudoir!" because I know I'll be needing tissues soon.

So see? Not a whore, Ms. Judgemental Safeway Checker Woman.

What else can I tell ya?

I had a big adventure today! I took the bus downtown ALL BY MYSELF. I met Nichole for a movie and lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. And while I was waiting for her, I was reminded of why I don't go downtown. The crazies.

A man, also waiting on someone and who looked perfectly normal, asked me what movie I was seeing. I told him Smart People. Before I could ask what he was seeing, he told me, "Oh, I'm seeing The Forbidden Kingdom it's the oldest fictional story in history it's about a god who is part man and part monkey so you know, like God, and it traces history back to the ancient deities and the war between them and then......"

And then I gently turn and walk away. After that, I kept my angry face on. It tends to deter anyone from speaking to me. I use it a lot when I'm downtown. I can't believe I forgot to put it on when I left home this morning. That'll teach me.

Anway, Nichole and I saw the movie, had lunch, I hopped back on the bus, and home I came. To lounge in my jammies and snooze on the couch until I remembered I needed to get something for brunch tomorrow.

Which brings us back to Ms. Judgemental Safeway Checker Woman. She made me feel icky. I think a soakie and some reading is in order. Then I will rest up for brunch. New people. Gotta be on. Maybe straighten my hair. Paint my nails. Floss.

And then maybe some Milo time after that. I should take him for a walk. Because I need to burn off all the cake I've been eating. And the half a piece of cheesecake I had a lunch.....and then the other half at dinner.....ack.





No comments: