Friday, February 1, 2008

"I Don't Drink Coffee, It Gives Me A Headache...."

Apparently, I get migraines. Who knew?

I was watching Lost last night and I got those little squigglies/zigzags in my eyes and couldn't see well for a bit. This happens maybe twice a year. And I thought, oh, the headache will be here shortly. I didn't have anything to take (except hydrocodon and I thought that might be overkill) so I just went to bed. Woke up this morning and holy crap. I could barely open my eyes. Blowdrying my hair made me want to scream. Went in to work late.

Made it two hours. I closed the door in my office, turned off the lights and put in ear plugs (god bless the MRI techs) but the automatic door down the hall was still too much noise. Finally, one of my supervisors said to just go home. I wasn't being the least bit productive. And no one else was either because when I woke up at 5:30 this evening and checked my work email, I had six new emails. Since 11:30am. And none of them needed any action. They were merely FYIs (actually, four of them were morons replying to all with "Yes, I'm free at 2pm." Don't reply all for that kind of shit. It just contributes to the already massive number of emails people get.)

Yes, quiet day at the office.

The headache is better, but my eyes are still sensitive. I can't help but squint. And now I have to run off to dinner club (13 women, tons of food). I should skip it, but this is almost like going to a business meeting. I need to network, meet people, be social with strangers. And I made greenbean casserole. The theme is Recipes on Packaging.

So, I'll hang out for an hour or so, then back home, back to bed.

Happy Friday.

No comments: