Friday, January 11, 2008

Home Again

Yes, I'm home again today.

Still sniffling. Still coughing up a little stuff. I called the nurses at work, told them my symtoms, they told me to stay home. And yes, I'll get sick pay for these days. Our clinic is very generous with the sick time because they want us to stay home at the least little symptom. Since a lot of our patients are getting transplants, a simple cold could kill them.

However, our attendance policy states that if we have more than three "incidents" in a six month period, we get written up. So yes, stay home if you're sick, but if you're sick more than three times in six months, you're in trouble.

It's a vicious cycle. And one that upper management is aware of.

On the positive side, though, I have already finished two sets of minutes and after I shower and get another cup of coffee, will be getting working on another project. Yes, I could get used to this working from home stuff.

No comments: