Monday, December 3, 2007

Earning Our Reputation

tor·rent

1. a stream of water flowing with great rapidity and violence.
2. a rushing, violent, or abundant and unceasing stream of anything: a torrent of lava.
3. a violent downpour of rain.
4. a violent, tumultuous, or overwhelming flow: a torrent of abuse. –adjective
5. torrential.

Holy crap, what a Monday.

The rain started yesterday morning, and it just hasn't stopped. Normally Seattle just gets a mist or a drizzle, but this is flat out Torrential Rain. I liked the snow much better.

Apparently the power went out or had a glitch last night because my alarm didn't go off this morning. I woke up at 8:10am. I rushed around to get ready, ran out the door and then crept along my route to work. My normal 15 minute drive took me 40 minutes. Westlake was closed due to mudslides, you couldn't even drive in the right lane because of the standing water and I got absolutely soaked from my knees down just walking from the parking lot.

Totally not worth the drive in. And I have to do it all over again this evening.

And my damn lightbulb in my desk lamp burnt out. Crap.

On the bright side - my boss isn't in today. Jury Duty. Woohoo!

No comments: