Monday, October 29, 2007

Something is outta whack....

I just can't tell you how unhappy I am to be alive right now. My god, what a day. I actually had to stay late at work - quite rare - and my head hurts so bad right now I'm thinking of cancelling my walk and dinner with the gals. I won't, but I really, really want to.

I got eight emails for meeting requests today. Eight. That's a lot for one day. They just kept popping up, all in the span of a few hours. I went into my boss and said "Are you just trying to make my head explode? What's with all the meetings?!"

There's even a request to meet to discuss an upcoming meeting.
Are you freakin' kidding me? No wonder people can't get any work done. I sat in on just two meetings today and that was one too many.

My review is tomorrow, which I don't much care about, but at least I get to bring up the need for another assistant. I can handle the meetings and managing four calendars. Or I can handle the department maintenance crap. Or I can handle maintaining the 42 employee files. I cannot do all three. I need help. Or a helluva lot more money.

And I mean H E L L U V A.
And there's the tone for my day.

And then I stopped to get gas. $3.15. Holy shit, how long has it been since I got gas? Probably about $1.50 ago. Was that just overnight? I'm taking the bus tomorrow. If I can get up on time. Which I doubt. So I'll end up driving. Oh well, at least I tried.

Okay, off to walk with the gals. Then we're making dinner and watching Heroes. I don't think I'll stay for Heroes. I just want to go to bed and try again tomorrow.

No comments: