Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sex and the City - Part II

Let me just say, I was perfectly happy lounging in my jammies, sipping my wine and watching Secretary on cable last night. I even had intentions of going to bed early.

Then a very tipsy Cyn called at 9:30pm and cried to me that she felt like a bad friend because we haven't seen each other in weeks and she's sorry and why don't we get together. Well, you know I'm just not one to pass up an opportunity to be wild and crazy......

However, I couldn't drive and even if she had a car, she couldn't drive. So she hopped in a taxi, swung by here and got me and we headed to a dive bar where a couple of her girlfriends were hanging out.

And I had a pretty good time. I got home at 1:30am which made for a miserable day today, but it was fun to have the option of throwing on a tank top and jeans, slappin' on some lipstick and running out the door to hop in a taxi at the spur of the moment. Kind of like my Houston days.

Maybe that's not such a good thing.....

Anyway, this evening I am back on the couch, in my jammies, getting ready to enjoy the Seahawks game. And I will not be answering my phone.

No comments: