Thursday, August 9, 2007

Random Thoughts

Steve gives me a hard time because I'm big on Accessory Foods. I can't eat a hamburger without fries, pasta without a salad, mexican food without chips and salsa or a sandwich without chips (or at least an apple). So I'm sure the bento box was invented by someone like me. Four or five little compartments of food, with one main compartment for your entree. Nice, huh?

I had a bento box at World Wrapps today. It came with a fortune cookie. My fortune?

"You shouldn't overspend at the moment. Frugality is important."

This after I spent $8 for lunch.

In other news, pre-season football starts tonight! Colts versus Cowboys. Actually, I believe the first pre-season game was the Hall of Fame game on Sunday, Pitt versus New Orleans. Pitt won. The Seahawks play on Sunday! I would invite people over but 1) I'm staying at the apartment with Steve and I don't think we're anywhere near ready for a Gathering and 2) all of my friends, including Steve, are going camping together this weekend, so no one would be around anyway. I was invited, but I'm enjoying not living out of a bag right now. I'll be productive while I have the apartment to myself.

Oh, I ran across this very cool website - http://www.walkscore.com/ - while reading another blog. You put in an address and tells you how walkable the area is. Perfect for someone like me who is looking for a place, but wants to make sure there are cool things to walk to. Once you put in an address, it will give a map of the area, then list the places that are walkable along the side of the screen. So not only do you see that yes, there are places to walk to, you see what those places are. Genius!

My current address scored a 75 out of a possible 100. Mom and dad's address scored an 18 out of a possible 100. There's nothing to walk to where they live. Well, there's Starbucks and the Waffle House, but it's an icky walk. And it's too freakin' hot there to even be outside, let alone walk two miles.

And, the beautiful long nails are gone now. There was a casualty last night, so off they went. I played guitar for a few minutes and today the pads of my fingers are sore. They've been spoiled and protected by those long nails. Oh well. Now I know it only takes four or five weeks for them to get there, so I can plan in advance. You know I'm all about planning......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patriots play Tampa tonight as well - good times....good times...

Anonymous said...

That is a cool site! Where I live in the London Area scored an 82.

You will be missed this weekend. x

Anonymous said...

I never thought about it before but I guess I'm big on Accessory Foods too. Who eats a hamburger without fries or pasta without salad??
And my walk score was 2!