Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Thoughts with a Weekend Update

I am wearing my uber expensive DDD bra today.
And it’s too tight.

Crap.

**********

My weekend was good. I had my first meeting with Ann on Saturday (read about it here, eventually), which included a sushi lunch and digging through her clothes and purses. I have a few new big comfy sweaters.

Comfy. Not frumpy.

**********

Saturday night was dinner with Kim-n-Tim-n-Milo. It was low key, veg on the sofa and chat. And listen to Milo sing “Old MacDonald”.

And Sunday was domestic – Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, laundry, paying bills, helping Kayleigh with her Math project. We’re totally gonna get an A.

Sunday night was the season 4 finale of Dexter. Fan-freakin-tastic. Season 5 isn’t out on DVD yet. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!

**********

Saturday morning is when I woke up with an achy shoulder. And hip. I must have slept hard on my left side. But as the day when on, and the shoulder didn't pop, it got worse. It was making my arm ache and my back and neck ache. Sunday was even worse. I couldn’t carry anything with my left arm. Monday, I decided it was time for a doctor’s appointment. Not that he could really do anything about it, but he could prescribe a massage, of which I am in desperate need.

But then I popped a couple Tylenol 3 with codeine last night before bed (because they had been prescribed for this stupid 3am cough) and when I woke up this morning, my shoulder felt much better. I coughed all night, but my shouldn’t didn’t hurt!

I still went to my appointment this morning and got my prescription for a massage.
So, it was totally worth it.

**********

I am sick of our weather. La Nina, my ass. For the past month (and for the next month) it’s 50 degrees and rainy. Woo.Hoo. How boring.

I want snow. I want to be snowed in. I want to be trapped at my house for a week. It’s okay, I have the vacation time. I need excitement!

**********

I have many balls in the air this week - work party tonight, drinks with a friend tomorrow, creative work meeting on Thursday (yes, I have a creative work meeting!), Archer premiere party on Friday, more organizing on Saturday, a party Saturday night, cleaning for a friend on Sunday....

B R E A T H E

Plus, Todd and I are hosting the Chinese New Year party this year, so there was a planning meeting for that last night and will probably be another one more in the next two weeks.

I like being this busy.  Keeps me distracted from the crappy things in life.

We'll talk about that later....

No comments: