Sunday, October 3, 2010

Anniversaries and Other Crap

The only pic I have of us with our new key.
October 1st is becoming a very important day in my life.

One year ago today, Todd and I moved into our new house, and I became a homeowner. My name is on a lot of paperwork with very big numbers. I can’t think about it too much. It makes me nauseous.

And two years ago today, I started my job as a buyer.

**********

TMI? No such thing.

What the hell is up with skin tags? I’ve never had a problem with these things, but in the last year, they’re popping up everywhere! Especially where my bra has rubbed me for the past 24 years (shut up, I was an early bloomer).

Oh.
Wait.

In my googling, I see that they are “most common in people who are overweight.”

Fantastic.

ANNNNYwaaaay……

**********

There is a distinct change in the air. Autumn has definitely arrived. The sun seems a little lower all the time, the air is a little crisper. The leaves are changing.

And the spiders. MY GAWD the spiders.

[Here's where I would insert the pictures of the spiders, if I had actually gotten off my lazy (loaded word) ass and taken them.  Just image big, bulbous, hairy ones.  Everywhere.]

**********

Thank you all for your inspirational and encouraging comments as I spiral into my midlife crisis. It’s so heartwarming to know that 1) I have regular readers and 2) those regular readers actually like me enough to take the time to write some kind words for me. You guys rawk.

And you will be happy to know that I am attending my first NAPO meeting next week with my buddy Trixie (not her real name…I hope).

What is NAPO, you ask?

The National Association of Professional Organizers.

Go, me.

No comments: